The Program and Events Manager plans, arranges and oversees events. S/he runs a team to assist in behind-the-scenes operations ensuring that no hitches or malfunctions occur before, during and after the event. These managers are also responsible for advertising and building up events, using tested marketing, advertising and communication strategies. The Program and Events Manager uses expertise and management skill to handle the creative, electronic, technical and logistical dimensions of event planning and apply them in design sets, audience accommodation, audio-visual output, editorial script, logistics, fund allocation and customer service. The role of the event program manager is to act as a coordinator and report weekly on all projects. They supervise and organize activities and ensure that project goals align with SAP s and partners objectives. In order to be successful in this role, you will need to have prior experience in both program management and team management. A Bachelor’s degree or major experience is required.
The Program and Events Manager oversees all logistics of the events, including tasks such as hiring caterers, decorators, builders, entertainers, and staff; managing everyone on the team, and ensuring all furniture, decorations and designs are properly set with signs properly displayed. Event project managers also communicate with hotels or other accommodation and transportation services to drive special guests to and from the event. They also manage the budget, keep financial records, documents, receipts and invoices of all purchases and adhere to all local ordinances, codes, statutes, rules and regulations. Finally, Program and Events Manager s plan the event while following safety precautions to avoid accidents and injuries.
Education and Training Requirements
• Bachelor s degree or master s in business or related field.
• Proven experience in Program/Project Management of large-scale events.
• Proven stakeholder management skills.
• Proven experience managing a team.
• Competency in MS Project, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Deep understanding of Project Management requirements and reporting.
• Knowledge and Skills Requirements .
• Management, logistical, business, budget, multi-tasking, communication and problem- solving skills are very essential skills needed to become an effective event program manager.
Event program managers work office hours, evening work is needed as events can be held at night and on weekends.