Play Your Part
The Assistant Manager Front Office responsible for assisting the Front Office Manager with overseeing the Welcome Department including Welcome Desk, Welcome Services, Welcome Coordinator and Operator duties.
• Assist in leading the Welcome team in welcoming guests to the hotel through the pre-planning, arrival and departure processes as well as all other services required throughout the guests stay.
• Assist in leading a positive, professional and strong Welcome team with a focus on quality of service and the delivery of the guest experience. Act as a role model in leading this through The Merlin Way.
• Ensures the alignment of all front-of-house service standards and operating procedures with the wants and needs of hotel guests.
• Immediately respond to and resolve guest concerns in an empathetic manner, offering a sincere apology and providing timely follow-up and/or appropriate compensation if/when necessary.
• Responsible for pre-arrival planning with a focus on the collection of arrival times, guest preferences, and the pre-assignment of all accommodations
• Hands on support at reception (check in / out, guest engagement with the hotel)
• Acts on behalf of the Front Office Manager during his /her absence.
• Reliever for Night Manager by scheduled rotation
Main Responsibilities :
Business Impact / Results
• Assist Front Office Manager in monitoring and reviewing guest interactions within the Welcome Department to ensure unwavering adherence to service standards, policies and processes with a focus on the guest experience.
• Ensure front desk stations are continuously manned and telephone extensions are answered in a timely and efficiently in accordance with departmental guidelines.
• By example, instills a sense of urgency and commitment to excellence to department staff members.
• Ensures the cleanliness and order of the reception areas of the front office.
• Continually collects and reviews guest feedback with teams and counterparts in an effort to minimize defects and maximize guest satisfaction.
• Works with hotel teams to streamline the flow of communication and operational processes related to all departments within the Resort, with a focus on efficiency and guest convenience.
• Monitors and reviews guest feedback to identify and influence process improvements designed to enhance the guest experience.
• Explores and provides feedback relative to new sales opportunities and/or added revenue streams.
• Continually works to ensure team members receive recognition and rewards for providing an exceptional guest experience.
• Works closely with the Front Office Manager to achieve the wider hotel objectives and to consistently deliver the guest experience.
• Updates the Front Office Manager on any operational issues and/or guest concerns in a timely manner, ensuring the earliest possible resolution and appropriate support in times of need.
• Delivers thorough and motivational pre-shifts to team members, communicating pertinent information relative to the day s activities, outstanding issues, etc while ensuring alignment and understanding of focuses, goals and objectives.
• Works closely with the Revenue Manager, Hotel Operations Manager, Hotel Controller, and Night Auditor to ensure accuracy of all night audit reports and related processes.
Decision Making and Autonomy
• Champions the guest experience, observing all activities from the guest s point-of-view, and make actionable recommendations to counterparts and the Hotel Operations Manager for improvements.
• Makes decisions relative to appropriate compensation in response to guest concerns.
• Works to develop new programs and initiatives focused on streamlining the flow of communication and integration of processes between the Hotel and Resort.
Applied Knowledge and Specialist Skills
• Advanced proficiency in interpersonal and guest communication skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Lead by example while being a role model for the Merlin Way.
• Work independently and as part of a team on various projects and initiatives.
• Effectively uses department and resort resources.
• Provides a balanced level of support and leadership to the night team in the hotel.
• Empowers the relevant members of the team to make decisions in order to resolve guest issues and ensure a positive outcome.
• Ensures team and department costs are kept within agreed budget.
• Ensures the whole team has a clear understanding of their roles, responsibilities and the importance of alignment and positive attitudes.
• Provides the relevant information, tools and training to the appropriate teams in order to deliver the guest experience and to foster continuous career growth and development for department associates.
Complexity and Problem Solving
• Effectively applies strong troubleshooting and problem resolution skills on a daily basis.
• Offers creative ideas for delivering the guest experience and achieving operational/financial targets.
• Acts as an incident controller to provide protection, support and recovery to the Hotel.
• Ensures adherence to all safety and security policies, processes and procedures.
• Demonstrates the ability to resolve difficult guest situations which result in a positive outcome.
Health & Safety :
You are responsible for all aspects of Health, Safety & Security within your team, in line with the Group Policy (HS001). In particular, you must ensure that risk assessments have been carried out, that safe working procedures are in place for all work activities and that all employees you are responsible for are aware of the Group Health, Safety and Security Policy and their obligations under it. You must ensure that safe working practices are monitored and that risk assessments and procedures are reviewed regularly. Where incidents do occur, you must ensure that they are investigated appropriately and that where necessary, corrective action is taken to ensure that such incidents are not repeated.
Are You a Star?
In order to be qualified for this role you should possess the below criteria:
Offered Salary (USD $)$0- 15,000