Play Your Part
The Assistant Housekeeper will ensure the highest standards of cleanliness throughout the Hotel, inclusive of guestrooms and public areas, while effectively monitoring and managing strict adherence to department policies, processes, financial targets, and productivity guidelines.
• Responsible for delivering the guest experience by consistently meeting the highest standards of cleanliness including LEGO features, efficiency and guest satisfaction throughout all areas of the Hotel.
• Develop and lead a positive, professional and strong team with an aligned focus on the guest experience, quality of service, and the development of future leaders within the Department. Act as a role model in leading this through the Merlin Way.
• Ensure effective departmental and interdepartmental communication throughout the Resort, working with counterparts to streamline operations and to enhance the guest experience.
• Manage and ensure all guest requests and concerns are addressed in a timely and empathetic manner, making decisions relative to appropriate compensation in lieu of inconvenience.
• Support the Housekeeping Manager in managing the departmental needs and act on his/her behalf during his / her absence.
• Hands on approach with ability to focus on attention to details in all areas of the hotel
Main Responsibilities :
Business Impact/ Results
• Highest standard of cleanliness and maintenance of Hotel facilities
• Directly ensures schedule of cleaning, deep cleaning and hygiene standards are followed
• Effectively manages and monitors all order for the Department including all cleaning supplies and guest amenities, ensuring competitive pricing.
• Maintains consistent and accurate inventory processes related to all linens and housekeeping supplies
• Understand the nature of the hotel industry and adjust the operations to changing business needs.
• Establish sound and economical relationships with local suppliers and service providers to ensure the efficient operation of the department.
• Input ideas and information to improving efficiency, productivity and enhancing the guest experience.
• Conduct trainings, briefings and guidance in both, on the off the jo
• Work to streamline communication between departments within the hotel operation and throughout the Resort, with a focus on the guest experience and interdepartmental process efficiencies.
• Execute Housekeeping Department s responsibilities related to the Lost & Found process by working closely with the Front Office Manager and security teams.
Decision Making and Autonomy
• Monitor and review the operation of the department and implement changes to improve efficiency and to enhance the guest experience
• Control the cost and inventory incl LEGO items and amenities.
• Ensure process is smooth and suggest improvements to enhance it
Applied Knowledge and Specialist Skills
• Advanced proficiency in interpersonal and guest communication skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Lead by example while being a role model for the Merlin Way.
• Work independently and as part of a team on various projects and initiatives.
• Effective use of department and resort resources.
• Ensure there is adequate leadership coverage within the Department in response to business needs.
• Provide a balanced level of support and leadership to both the day and night teams in the hotel.
• Empower the relevant members of the team to make decisions in order to resolve guest issues and ensure a positive outcome.
• Ensure team and department costs are kept within agreed budget.
• Ensure the whole team has a clear understanding of their roles, responsibilities and the importance of alignment and positive attitudes.
• Provide the relevant information, tools and training to the appropriate teams in order to deliver the guest experience and to foster continuous career growth and development for department associates.
Complexity and Problem Solving
• Effectively apply strong troubleshooting and problem resolution skills on a daily basis.
• Offer creative ideas for delivering the guest experience and achieving operational/financial targets.
• Ensure ongoing department training and adherence to operational processes, policies, safety and security procedures.
• Demonstrate the ability to resolve difficult guest situations which result in a positive outcome.
Health & Safety :
You are responsible for all aspects of Health, Safety & Security within your team, in line with the Group Policy (HS001). In particular, you must ensure that risk assessments have been carried out, that safe working procedures are in place for all work activities and that all employees you are responsible for are aware of the Group Health, Safety and Security Policy and their obligations under it. You must ensure that safe working practices are monitored and that risk assessments and procedures are reviewed regularly. Where incidents do occur, you must ensure that they are investigated appropriately and that where necessary, corrective action is taken to ensure that such incidents are not repeated.
Are You a Star?
In order to be qualified for this role you should possess the below criteria:
• Bachelor s degree in a related field or equivalent experience required
• 2 4 years of successful experience in a housekeeping management position within a comparable hotel required.
• Proven track record of scheduling, purchasing, inventory, cost monitoring, and fiscal accountability within a hotel housekeeping operation.
• Experience managing, training, coaching, and motivating a team of direct reports to deliver an exceptional guest experience
The Best Part of The Story
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; housing allowance, comprehensive medical coverage, life and accident insurance and other generous allowances.
We also care about your career development supported by Learning opportunities for those seeking a long-term future in the Company.